You have been invited to record.
- Do check that your internet speed is a minimum of 5 Mbps
- Do open and record in Zencastr on a laptop or computer in a supported browser. We recommend Google Chrome.
- Do use headphones during your recording. (An external microphone will also help you sound even better, but isn’t required).
- Do connect your headphones (and microphone) before clicking on your recording link.
- Do feel free to click on your recording link in advance so you can check and make sure everything is set up correctly.
- Don’t open and record in Zencastr on a mobile device.
- Don’t run Zencastr on an incognito window or in private browsing mode.
- Don’t have extra tabs open on your browser. Close anything you don’t need while recording.
- Don’t load other computer programs while recording.
- When you finish recording, don’t close the recording page or your computer until your files have been fully uploaded.
Zencastr Guest Information
You have been invited to record a podcast using Zencastr, an online podcast recording service. Here are some pointers that will help you get prepared ahead of time and make the recording process as smooth as possible.
Mac OS 10.14 or higher
10GB+ of free hard drive space
8GB+ of RAM
Up-to-date version of Brave
Up-to-date version of Google Chrome
Up-to-date version of Microsoft Edge
Open Zencastr in a regular window or tab, not in incognito mode or private mode
At least 5 Mbps, preferably 10 Mbps+
Headphones – Headphones are necessary when recording with Zencastr to ensure that each voice is isolated in the final recording.
Microphone – A separate microphone is preferred but earbud/mic combos work as well. In order to prevent audio leakage to the mic, please keep your earphone volume turned down to a low but comfortable setting.
Simply open the link provided to you by the host on a laptop or desktop computer that meets the above requirements.
Granting Microphone Access
You will be prompted to allow access to your microphone. Click to allow microphone access and then your host will be able to start recording.
That’s it! Thanks for using Zencastr!